New Patient Registration
The Practice Catchment Area covers the post code areas BT1, BT2, BT14, BT15 and also 10 miles by road in a northerly direction from Salisbury Medical Centre.
If you would like to apply to register as a new patient, please email the Practice with completed registration forms and the relevant paperwork so that the Business Services Organisation (BSO) can process your application. The registration forms are:
i) The yellow HS123 form. This is for registering a new born baby and is provided by the Registrar when the birth is registered. No other forms or documents are needed with this.
ii) The HS200 form. This is for registering someone who is already registered with a gp practice in NI or GB.
iii) The HSC/R1 form. This is for registering someone who is not already registered with a gp practice in NI or GB.
When submitting form HS200 you will also need to provide photographic identification and proof of address. If you are not a UK citizen but are a citizen of one of the European Economic Area (EEA) member states then your photographic identification needs to be a copy of your passport. If you are neither a UK citizen nor a citizen of one of the EEA member states then your photographic identification needs to be a copy of your passport and also a copy of your visa.
If you are submitting form HSC/R1 then you will need to provide 3 types of supporting documentation, 1 from each of the following lists:
List 1: Lawfully in NI
- Valid passport
- Valid visa issued by the UK Home Office (if applicable)
- Birth Certificate, and where applicable, Marriage or Civil Partnership Certificate
- Certificate of Naturalisation or proof of EEA status
- Other valid photographic ID
List 2: Residing in NI
- Current NI Driving Licence (photo card and counterpart) with NI address
- Current NI rates bill
- Current NI Electoral Identity Care
- Current Home insurance policy valid for NI
- Signed, current Tenancy agreement (not handwritten) or mortgage statement for property of residency in NI
- Current bank statements for active account which shows NI address
- Recently paid utility bill (gas, electricity or telephone – not mobile phone) for property of residency in NI
- Housing benefit award letter for a property in NI
List 3: Reason for being in NI
- A letter or document from the Department of Communities (Belfast) confirming receipt of a UK state pension or benefit
- A letter or document from the Department of Communities (Belfast) confirming receipt of social security benefit
- Recent payslip from current employer (showing employer’s address and employee’s National Insurance Number)
- A letter from Revenue & Customs (HMRC) with your unique tax reference/ Self-assessment return showing NI address
- S1 form or letter from the Department of Employment & Social Protection (Dublin) confirming receipt of state pension
- HMRC Tax Credit Award
The HS200 form can be downloaded here:
The HSC/R1 form can be downloaded here:
Whether you are submitting form HS200 or form HSC/R1 you will also need to complete a Salisbury Medical Centre new patient form which can be found here:
New Patient Form (Adult)
New Patient Form (Child)
You will also need to attach a medical history summary (which you can get from your previous gp) and a medication list (if applicable).
Please check that you have:
i) a registration form (i.e. form HS200 or form HSC/R1)
ii) a new patient application form (i.e. for adult or child)
iii) supporting documentation
iv) medical history summary
v) medication list (if applicable)
If a form is incomplete or documentation missing this will delay your application.
Email completed forms and documentation to email@example.com